Occasionally, Eva has time for private consultations IRL or through zoom or phone call. Please e-mail email@example.com with your request!
Eva Bertilsson is an internationally renown educator and behavior specialist with a master’s degree in behavior analysis. She works as a teacher and coach in a wide range of settings and with a variety of species, helping individuals and organizations apply behavioral principles to enhance the quality of life for the individuals in their care.
Eva’s home base is in the village of Ljungskile on Sweden’s west coast, but she spends much of her time travelling.
Together with Emelie Johnson Vegh she runs Carpe Momentum, a collaboration committed to creating the best possible learning environments for humans and non-humans alike. “E&E” are known for concepts such as seamless training sessions, start button behaviors and flowcharts, concepts stemming from their thorough, detail-oriented approach to behavior and training.
Where you find Eva:
- Teaching at international animal training conferences and other events, often together with Carpe Momentum colleague Emelie.
- As an invited speaker/teacher at national and international workshops, courses and events.
- As a coach or mentor for individuals and organizations.
- As an organizer of conferences and events with internationally renown speakers, including the CCC choice Control Communication conference.
- As a board member of the Swedish Association for Behavior Analysis (SWABA) and organizer of the applied animal behavior special interest group SWABAdjur.
- At the nerdy ABC247.wtf webshop where she hosts webinars and other online learning opportunities.
- Teaching reward based horse training and exploring the nuances of training (horses and dogs, dressage and husbandry…) together with Angelica Hesselius – live courses at www.rewardbasedartofriding.com and recorded webinars at ABC247.
- In Swedish: Teaching reward based horse training for instructors, in collaboration with Carolina Fransson, OHR+
- In Swedish: Running a membership group for husbandry/cooperative care training called Kul med Hantering (“Fun and games with cooperative care”)
Most everything that Eva is involved in gets announced on the Carpe Momentum’s facebook page
You can get in touch with Eva personally at firstname.lastname@example.org and you can reach both Eva and Emelie through email@example.com
Some highlights from Eva’s CV:
- 1992: Got started with reward based dog training.
- 1994: Started teaching dog training classes in 1994
- 1994 ff: Avid dog sport competitor, first with top titles in competitive obedience with toller Sickan and phalène Misty, and then numerous agility championship titles with phalènes Misty and Soya.
- 1997: Attended her first clicker training seminar. Later continued through Bob Bailey’s chicken camp which also gave a first introduction to the field of behavior analysis.
- 1997: Bachelor exam in psychology and education
- 1998: Started collaborating with Emelie Johnson Vegh, a collaboration that developed into Carpe Momentum www.carpemomentum.nu
- 2010: Published the book Agility Right From The Start (written upon a request from Karen Pryor) in 2010, together with Emelie.
Fun fact: “Start button training” is a term coined in this book!
- 2010-2011: University courses in ethology and in behavior analysis & autism. .
- 2011: Started teaching at Clicker Expo together with Emelie, early lectures including for example”From One Reward To The Next”, “Noise and Movement”, “Smart Starts” and”Agility Shaping Procedures”.
- 2015: Co-hosted the Ethics of Creating Motivation workshop with Barbara Heidenreich
- 2016: Master exam in behavior analysis (”Learning in Complex Systems” at Oslo Metropolitan (Thesis on separation related behaviors in dogs, with Clive Wynne and Per Holth
- 2016: Holds the first Animals in Control lecture together at Clicker Expo together with Emelie and Peggy Hogan.
Fun fact: This lecture re-launched the term “start button behavior” and initiated a widespread use of the term.
- 2017: Co-hosted the first Scandinavian FearFree(TM) event with dr Kenneth Martin and Debbie Martin
- 2018: Co-taught Cooperative Care Camp in Sweden with Laura Monaco Torelli
- 2018: Organized the first CCC Choice Control Communication conference
- 2019: Became an ackredited speaker for FearFree(TM)
- 2019: Was one of the invited speakers at the ABAI (Association of Behavior Analysis International) conference in 2019 with a lecture on start button behaviors
- *Teaches at other international conferences such as WOOF, Nordig Lemonade Conference (IAABC & Fenzi Dog Sport Academy), Conference Unleashed (Clean Run & Leslie McDevitt) and Geek Week (PPG) **Is an ackredited Speaker for FearFree™ www.fearfreepets.com and hosted the first FearFree seminar in Scandinavia in 2017.